Saturday, September 27, 2014

Fall Festival Fun

I have been having a lot of fall fun this September (In fact, as you read this, I'm probably at another one).  One of the best things about fall is all the festivals.  My town had theirs last weekend, and it was quite an event.

The first thing we did was watch a really fun band called Perfect Storm in the "park" in our town (which is really more of a town square area).  The drummer was the son of my parents' neighbors (did you follow that?).  He was really good!  His sons also did guest appearances for a couple of the songs, one on drums and one on the bass, also really great!  I'm always impressed by drummers.


One of the things I always need to get at fairs is a corn dog.  It's my go-to fair meal.  This one looks fantastic... but, alas, it was disappointing.  I hate when I bite into a seemingly piping hot corn dog only to find a fresh-out-of-the-fridge hot dog in the middle.  What?  Why can't they figure out how to warm the hot dog and the crust simultaneously?  Corn dog fail... sigh. 


No fair is complete without a car show.  I have to admit, I have no interest in cars whatsoever.  Yes, the classic cars are cool, but I can breeze through a show pretty quickly because I don't know, nor care anything for the inner workings of the car.  However, this one caught my eye because it was for sale!  I immediately thought of a coworker who collects classic cars.  I took this picture and texted him.  I'll be interested to hear if he came to look at it.



The last, but certainly not the least of the things I did was visit the booth of the theatre company I've been working with recently.  They are doing a version of A Christmas Carol this winter and were promoting it by having a photo op session with Ebeneezer Scrooge.  This guy is a really great guy in "real life" so I was more than thrilled to grab a photo.  How awesome is this booth, by the way?  It's definitely eye-catching amid all the normal tent set-ups.



Fall festivals are a great way to start off the season.  The only thing better is when the fall festival happens during a nearly 80 degree day with a nice breeze and I can still wear shorts and a tank top!

I love fall!

Linking with Tamar

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a good time! I saw that they were doing that photo booth thing. Wish I could have come but we were having our own festival of sorts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good fall festival - looks like a great time!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!