Saturday, November 1, 2014

Craft Space - Stamp Storage

Before I even started on the official organization kick, I realized that my craft area in my basement was starting to get a little out of control.  I have limited space in my house as a whole, and really need to keep things tidy in case I have guests.  The basement is one of those places that serves triple-duty as both my craft room/ laundry area/ and extra entertaining space for larger groups.  Therefore, when the craft area gets too unruly, it begins to affect the rest of the space.


The initial craft that I began with about a year ago that eventually lead into scrapbooking was stamping… specifically Stampin’ Up card making.  I’ve always been horrible about giving cards and thought this might be a way to get me more interested in sending out birthday cards.  Well… that didn’t totally happen, but it’s still fun and as previously mentioned, led into other crafts.

Stampin’ Up can be a little pricey, so I tend to go to Michael’s for most of my stamping needs and only when I have coupons.  All stamp brands have different sized packaging, and none of them come in the nice DVD sized cases that Stampin' Up does.

Being that I didn’t have those nifty cases for most of my stamps, my stamp storage started to look like this:


This has gotten to be a little overwhelming, so I got to searching for DVD cases to put my stamps in.  I quickly learned that was not going to work, as they have that bump in the middle for holding the DVD’s. Suddenly, it dawned on me to check the Stampin’ Up website and low and behold, they sold the blank cases!


Yesterday I had the day off, so I got to organizing.

First, I cut some cardstock to make a front display.  Then, I took each stamp set and started stamping the sets on each piece of cardstock.  If I could, I put multiple sets in one box, to conserve space, of course. 


Next, I stuck the stamps to the inside of case (they’re sticky, so they cling nicely to the plastic surface).


The only part that I haven’t quite figured out yet is getting the display paper to stick in to the inside of the case.  I put a little double-sided tape on the cardstock, but it doesn’t stick to the case surface very well.  I might have to try something else.  Any suggestions?


There you have it.  I don't really like this basket, but until I have a chance to find something more compact, it'll have to do.

The one problem I'm having is that I can't get the cardstock to stay on the front of the boxes.  The double stick tape isn't really working.  Any suggestions?













No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!