Sunday, November 16, 2014

Take the Good with the Bad



Let's have some hot chocolate (or tea, or coffee) and have a chat, shall we?

November is a month for thankfulness.  Sometimes, life can get hard and we have to get out of our own heads and realize that we have a lot to be thankful for, despite our current issues.  I'm in that stage of life.  It's been a rough year for me in a lot of ways.  Stress at work, relational issues, crazy-random-nutty things happening around me... I'm ready for 2014 to be over.  Not that a new year will necessarily magically fix those issues, but there's something about a new year that makes it seem possible.  Right?

The thing is, there is still plenty of GOOD that happened this year.  I found a new theatre company that I absolutely adore!  I miss my old company in some ways, but I'm also ready for a change there.  I got closer to an acquaintance from my old theatre group and we have become pretty close friends now.  It's great because even though we are at different stages in our lives, I feel like we have a lot of similarities and it's been really fun getting to know her better.  My new organizational endeavors, which admittedly I let slack off for awhile, are really helping me keep myself on task and thus making me feel more productive in my home.  Then, even though I didn't go on a vacation this year, I took a week off and had a lovely staycation with some family that came up from down south and really learned to appreciate the joy of staying home (although I still want to travel, travel, travel).

My point in writing these things is simply that I want people to see that even if you are completely overwhelmed by the bad in life, if you really think about it, I bet you can come up with at least a half a dozen good things to be thankful for in your life.  Life isn't perfect.  Relationships will go south.  Your job might really suck right now.  You might be stressed out with work, family and house issues.  However, there is always something good.  Sometimes you have to look reeeeally hard, but it's there.  I promise you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!