Thursday, December 25, 2014

December Daily - Days 19-23

Now that I've come out of the haze of another show, I am hoping to get back to a bit of a regular posting schedule... but oh wait!  Now it's the holiday season, so who knows.

Before I get to the photos, though, I want to mention something that's been on my mind about my participation in theatre and my promotion of the shows I do.  I promote the shows I do because the cast always works hard to prepare a solid, worthy show to entertain our community and I want people to come and enjoy the fruits of our labor.  However, I don't ever want to make my friends feel obligated to see ME in these shows.  I had a discussion with someone recently that I should not be the one to promote shows or even talk about them with my friends, because it seems like I'm asking for people to come give me praise.  I understand where someone who is not involved in this type of activity might see it as vain, but let me assure you, that is not the case with me.  I don't want anyone to ever feel obligated to come see me in a show.  Believe me, I realize that I do upwards of 4 shows a year and to expect my friends to pay to see me in everything would be selfish.  I very heartily appreciate when my friends come to see the shows I do and love seeing my friends after the shows, BUT, I do not love you any less if you can't or don't want to come to something I'm in.  I understand!  I will continue to promote my shows because I want to entertain my community and my friends, but I love you all the same, even if you aren't in the audience.

Okay, that said, let's get to some pictures!

Day 19 - Something to be happy about...
As I said, I just came out of a very successful run of "A Christmas Carol".  I am very happy to have found such a wonderful theatre company to work with this year.  I am hopeful to be a part of many more of their productions in the years to come.  

Day 20 - Food
Would anyone like an inflatable turkey for dinner, or maybe some three year old, shellacked fruitcake?  Oh, the things we use for props.

Day 21 - This is Interesting
Theatre people are the most interesting people.  

Day 22 - 'Tis the season for...
...giving (and eating) Christmas cookies!  These came from my wonderful friend Alisha.  They are so yummy, but I have been disciplined and have only eaten a couple a day.

Day 23 - Tree
My real camera ran out of battery life this day, so I used my phone to take photos of my two trees.  My card tree has filled up quite nicely!  In fact, I rant out of space and have started having to put the rest in a box beside the tree.

I'm really enjoying this December Daily idea because it is making me document my month and keep a bit of the Christmas spirit alive in photo form.

Merry Christmas, everyone!!

1 comment:

  1. I have never felt obligated to go see your shows. I enjoy seeing you and go to support you. But if I were unable, I would not feel guilty. Life happens. I'm sorry someone made you feel bad. :/ Having said that, I'm impressed that you kept up with your photo a day challenge during all this. And that inflatable turkey cracks me up.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!