Saturday, December 6, 2014

Decorating My Arc Planner

In my first paper planning post, I showed you my new Arc Discbound Planner in it's virgin state.  No frills, just gray. Gray is boring!  Well, actually gray is a nice accent color, but when I saw this planner and it was all gray... well, it just didn't do anything for me.


Hopefully you can see these well enough.  Perhaps I will pop in a few in their bigger state at the end.  Anyway, I'll explain each one, going from left to right.

1) I recently broke down and bought some Studio L2e Plan It stamps.  I saw them on a YouTube video a few months ago, but just wasn't sure if I wanted to spend money on them.  I decided to gift myself with them about a month ago, but of course, they were on back order.  They finally came in last week and I love them!

2) I wanted this set mainly for this "Hydrate" stamp.  That might sound funny, but I am trying to make sure I drink more water and I just got tired of drawing it in my notebook.  It's so much easier to stamp it and it looks so cute!

3) This is what my planner looks like without any decoration.  See how it is just a big gray page?  Boring!  It needs a little color.

4) I've mentioned before that I've just been using a notebook as a planner, but I've been really anxious to start using my new planner... but it doesn't actually start until January 2015.  To fix this problem, I printed out a monthly calendar from LimeTree Fruits (The owner's name is Raine!  How fun is that?) and taped it into the front of my new planner.  It's not the perfect fit, but I do like how colorful it is,

5) This is what I've done with my January page.  I tried to keep a silver and blue theme for the winter months, so it's still not terribly colorful, but it's still more colorful than gray.  Here's a bigger version.
It needs a little more, methinks, but I have time to work on it.  I'm thinking I might put something over on the side where the tiny calendars are.  I don't need those.  I need color!

6) I bought these little paperclips in the shape of cameras for my Project Life album, but that's on the backburner right now, so I tied a little ribbon to one and will use it as a page marker.  Cute, huh!?

7) I've seen various YouTubers use Project Life cards in their planners either as task pads or just for inspiration.  I recently bought a mini-pack of Christian Project Life cards, and found this one with one of my favorite verses on it, so it's going to go in my planner at least for the month of December. I need this reminder right now.

8) Last, but not least, just a little close up of some of the embellishments I used on my January page.  Snowflakes and sparkles!  Perfect for the dead of winter.

So that's my first planner decoration post.  What do you think?  What do you think I could add?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!