Monday, December 1, 2014

Good, Random, Fun

I haven't participated in this link-up for awhile.  I just haven't had the time to actually take photos!  Ugh!  Now that it's the holiday season, though, it seems like the time of year for picture taking, so I'm going to try a thing I've seen on the interwebs called "December Daily".  That means different things to different people, but I'm going to try to take a photo a day, using Fat Mum Slim's Photo-A-Day Challenge prompts, as well as some other writing prompts if I just can't get a photo in that day. Yikes!  I don't really know what I'm thinking, as rehearsals for "A Christmas Carol" are getting into full swing, as you might imagine, but we'll give it a try.

Anyway, This holiday was a pretty good one.  There's been a lot of emotional stuff going on for me in the last year, especially in the past few weeks, and it was nice to just have a low-key, fun weekend with family and a few friends.

The Good:
It's become something of a tradition for me to go out for coffee with a friend of mine to a local coffee shop and bakery.  It's sad, but I don't go to this coffee shop nearly enough... well, maybe it's a good thing, as I would way about 50 lbs more. 


The Random:
(Photo courtesy of my friend in the chef's hat)

As I mentioned, I'm in "A Christmas Carol" this December, put on by this awesome company that I've gotten involved with this year Hobnob Theatre Co.  Saturday night, we walked in our town's Spirit of Christmas Light-Up Night Parade.  Here I am with a couple of my castmates while we waited.


The Fun:
My family does Thanksgiving a little differently than most folks.  My parents and I went to dinner at a restaurant and then to keep off the after-dinner food coma, we went bowling!  We played 3 rounds and I actually beat my dad one game!  That's pretty amazing folks.  

Stick with me this December, as I try my hardest to keep up with the December Daily thing.  See how fast it takes me to fall of the wagon!


3 comments:

  1. I'm dying to go bowling! I need to nudge the bf to make a date night out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found your blog on Good Random Fun and like it. I am gonna be checking up on you to see about that challenge you were talking about. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not been bowling for years, looks like lots of fun :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!