Saturday, January 3, 2015

Strength

I was going to post this in my New Year's Resolutions post on New Year's Day, but decided to split this up into a couple of separate ones (every time I can get more mileage from posts, I need to take it!  Am I right?)

It's no secret that I've become a little obsessed with scrapbooking/journaling/planning YouTube videos.  Well, a couple of days ago, I started seeing videos popping up called "One Little Word".  Apparently, it's a scrapbooking/journaling class you can pay for, but the general idea is that at the beginning of the year, you pick a word that describes something you'd like to see in yourself in the next year.  From what I am getting, you can journal about it, scrapbook it, or just visualize it and see if you can incorporate it into your year.

I'm not generally into this kind of thing, but 2014 was such a weird year for me, that I needed something to focus on in 2015.  Therefore, I came up with a word to describe something I want to work at making a focal point in my 2015.

That word... Strength.

I have always been a person who likes to keep the peace.  Often, this means that I concede guilt when I feel none, apologize when I didn't do anything, make excuses for people when they are mean to me as a way to more easily put the past behind me and make amends.

Well, this year I decided that I need to be stronger for myself.  I need to remind myself that I'm worth more than just laying down and taking whatever people throw at me.  Sometimes, I'm not wrong.  Sometimes, people are just plain mean and there is no excuse for it.  Sure, God instructed us to forgive over and over, and I am still going to work on that, but I have to go about it in a way that doesn't leave me feeling like I gave something up in the process.

Strength to get through the hard times.  Strength to put myself out there and possibly out of my comfort zone, strength to forgive when it is time, and strength to trust in God's plan for me.

What would your one word be for 2015?

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful post! This is one of my focus words for the year, too. I'm participating in Documented Faith and I am focusing on Prov 31:25 as my verse for the year. I'll be blogging this adventure and I'd love to have you check out the Documented Faith labal on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!