Sunday, January 18, 2015

Week 3 - Sunday Ramblings

This has been quite a week!  You know how I auditioned for a show last Sunday?  Well, I waited alllll week for a reply and basically had myself convinced I wasn't getting cast.  There was a lot of competition.

Just when I'd given up all hope, I got a call on Saturday morning while I was out with some friends.  I answered the phone and said "what's the verdict", expecting to hear, "Sorry girl, you didn't get anything this time," but instead I heard, "you're playing Annelle!"  What!!?  I neglected to say that the show is Steel Magnolias and apparently, I will be playing the part of Annelle, the awkward, new in town hairdresser with a sorted past).  I actually paused on the phone when she said that, because I just wasn't sure I heard right.

Obviously, I'm pretty excited about it, but I'm also pretty nervous.  This will be my first major part in a long time and I'm psyched to show my stuff, but also scared that I'm going to screw it up.  I know that ultimately, I'll be fine.  This isn't my first rodeo, but it's still a nerve-wracking process.  Ah, such is the life of an actress.  I love it!

Anyway, that is my huge excitement of the week!  I've been keeping up with my resolve to take a new photo every day, and I'm going to try to keep it going, but I'm not sure how it will go come show month.  I'll give it the old college try, but for now, here are my photos from this past week.

January 12: Bright
I still have some hardtack candy from a coworker leftover from Christmas.  Now that my decorations are put away, it's the bright spot in my living room.


January 13: Lucky Number
I don't really have a lucky number, but coupons often make a girl feel very lucky, right?  Especially when they are 60% or more off!


January 14: New
I'm a Project Lifer, and I ordered this small kit in the mail for my 2015 spread.  It took a long time to get to me, but it was worth the wait!  I can't wait to use these cards.


January 15: Old
This is "My First Bible".  I still have a lot of my memorabilia from childhood, and this book is one of the cutest things.  I remember staring at the pictures for a long time.  I loved them!


January 16: Nature
It was so cold this day that nature was best observed from outside my window!


January 17: Jump
Obviously this is not a jumping photo, but I was at a bakery when I got my call that I got a part in "Steel Magnolias" and I wanted to jump for joy!  Instead, I bought a cupcake.


January 18: Today Is...
Today is a day for reading, planning, and getting things done!  My life is about to get wicked busy again, so I'm going to enjoy the peace while it lasts.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you were able to get the things you wanted to accomplished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on getting the part!!!

    I got The Other Typist from the library. Looking forward to reading it as soon as I finish the one I'm in the middle of.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!