Saturday, January 24, 2015

Week in Review 2015 - Week 4

This was kind of a strange week.  I was supposed to have my first read-through for "Steel Magnolias" on Monday, but it was randomly postponed an hour before we were supposed to meet.  I still am not sure why.  He rescheduled for Tuesday, but the same thing happened that day, too (although that one was because people weren't available, I guess).  I was a little miffed, because I really wanted to get my script and start learning my lines, but what can you do?  

I had every intention of going to choir this Wednesday, but my friend texted me on Tuesday afternoon and asked me if I'd be available to go see Pippin at the Benedum Center Wednesday night.  Um... YES!  Pippin is such a weird, but delightful musical and really isn't that well-known, I don't think.  I have seen it a couple of times in local college productions and just love the music.  I'd been seeing the the commercials for the "new" Pippin that was touring and thought, "oh man, that would really be fun to see..." but kind of felt like I wouldn't be able to find someone to go with on such short notice.  Lo and behold, someone found me!  It was a lovely night.  We had really good seats and the show was just spectacular.

We FINALLY had our first read-through on Thursday evening at the director's house and it was just so much fun and I just know this is going to be a great experience.  The director is laid back, friendly, and welcoming.  The women I'll be working with are just delightful and we giggled and cried and everything one should do when they are with a group of girlfriends.  I'm so excited for this show.

The weekend has been rather hectic, yet delightful as well.  On Saturday, I visited a friend who's family just moved into a new house last week and brought her a gift.  I randomly went bowling with my parents in the afternoon, and spent the rest of the day doing laundry planning for the upcoming month of February.  I need, need, need to get my book club book done TOMORROW, so I'm hoping nothing gets in my way.  Lots of stuff got in my way Saturday.

Jan. 19 - Homemade
My mom sent me home with some cupcakes and cookies that she made today!  Yay for sweets for breakfast!

Jan. 20 - Window
I was stumped on what to do for this prompt, but I really like what I came up with.  It was snowing today, but it immediately melted when it hit my car windows.

Jan. 21 - In a Row
I like things to be neat and orderly, even my booze!  These little bottles were a gift from a coworker for Christmas this year.  I haven't even tried them yet.  I need to figure out what I need to make these.

Jan. 22 - Collection
I have a small collection of money from around the globe.  Some of it is quite old.

Jan. 23 - Something Far Away
This was kind of a weird one, but the only thing I had time to photograph today was the December section of my Bible-in-One-Year checklist.  I'm behind already, and I'm starting to feel a little overwhelmed at the prospect of keeping it up for a whole year.

Jan. 24 - Play Time
When I took this photo today, I thought that there would be no playtime for me.  I had laundry and housework out the wazoo.  Then my mom called and asked if I wanted to go play a couple games at the bowling alley, and I can't pass that up!  The laundry can wait.

Jan. 25 - Black & White
I wanted to do something really pretty and artsy for this prompt, but when I was flipping through the birthday cards I had made for one to send to a friend, this one just jumped out at me and I knew it had to be the photo I used.  Plus, if I'm going to document everyday life, this was about as exciting as it got today.

1 comment:

  1. I need to go see another show in Pittsburgh. It's been too long.

    Also, hoping I can make it to see you! I'll be watching for you to post about ticket sales. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!