Sunday, January 11, 2015

Week in Review - Week 2

Hello, Friends!  How has your 2015 been going so far?  Mine has actually been pretty busy and a little crazy.  Last Sunday, my car wouldn't start after filling it with gas at the gas station, so after my dad tried to fix it for me in the parking lot, we ended up getting it towed to our mechanic.  Two days and quite a bit of money later, it's running again, which is great because I really didn't want to learn a new car in the middle of winter.

I digress.  Other than that, work has been crazy!  Everyone has been in the office this week (most of my coworkers only HAVE to be in the office one day a week) and as much as I like most of them, all that commotion, on top of some other stuff that goes on there, just makes for a very tiring week!  

It's been great to get to do at least one creative thing during all the crazy of life.  I printed off an already written portion of my 2nd novel I'm writing, since one of my 2015 goals is to finish it.  I'm going to aim for 10,000 words per month.  I'm still going strong on taking a photo a day with Fat Mum Slim and I'm aiming to keep it up for the year... we'll see if it happens.


January 5: Square
This little square box held a Christmas gift from my aunt.  It was such a nice surprise, because I had a similar necklace that I just lost not too long ago, and without even knowing about it, my aunt replaced it for me.  How sweet!

January 6: Round
Today was the first day it was bitterly cold out this winter, so I dug out my earmuffs since I'm not a hat person.  I played around with a Photoshop action to give the photo a snowy effect.

January 7: Currently Reading
My title at my workplace is a "clerk typist", so the minute I saw this book at the bookstore, I had to read it.  So far, I'm loving it and it kind of makes me laugh from time to time, because I can totally relate, even though the novel is set in the 1920's.  Notice my wine on the nightstand.  Perfect for a Prohibition era tale.

January 8: Landscape
Another freezing cold morning this day, but I pulled off in the parking lot of a church on my way to work to snap this beautiful sunrise.  God does some amazing work!

I took some other photos while I was out from a different vantage point...


(did a little creative editing on this one.  I love it!  It's going to be my new desktop theme.)

January 9: Pattern
I wore this blue sweater today in honor of Law Enforcement Appreciation Day.  I work in the law enforcement field and really appreciate those who strive to keep us safe.


January 10: Hello
I spent last evening scrapbooking and when I was trying to think of what to do for this prompt this morning, I remembered these little embellishments that came in a kit. Of course, once I got down to my scrapbook room just to take a photo of them, I started playing around with another page

January 11: I See...
... another audition in my future.  Actually, it was today.  I have never auditioned for this particular theatre before, so I'm interested to see what comes of it.  There was a big turnout, so I'm not particularly confident, but it was a fun audition and it's just nice to reconnect with some people I haven't seen since Christmas.


Well, it's been a busy, busy week and I can't believe it's already time to start another one.  I"m tired just thinking about it!  Have a great one, ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!