Saturday, March 28, 2015

Busy Week in Review - Week 13

Hi everyone!  Well, withdrawal did kick in this week and I'm missing my "Steel Magnolia" girls like crazy, but I've also been keeping really busy, so it hasn't been THAT bad.  I started back at choir again this Wednesday.  I always had practices for the play on choir nights, so I had to take a hiatus, but I really like doing the special services, so I'm trying to learn the songs really fast for Easter Sunday services (3 services + about 7 songs = 1 sore throat by noon).  I also went to see my friends perform in the musical "Oliver."  I was slightly apprehensive because this winter has been so bad, they had a lot of their practices cancelled, but like always, they pulled it together and put on a fantastic show.  The two boys that played Oliver and Dodger did an amazing job and my dear friend Alisha was the best Nancy.  Love her!  It was so great to see so many people that I've missed terribly now that I don't perform with that group anymore.

This next week is going to be quite busy, as well.  I am helping out with the box office for another show and have to meet the director to go over my duties.  Then there is another rehearsal for Easter Sunday, then I'll be at the theatre from Thursday-Saturday for the box office, then Easter craziness on Sunday!  After that, things should calm down a little bit, although I do have friends visiting and I'm going to a retirement dinner/final performance for one of my favorite professors in college next weekend.  I'm really looking forward to reuniting with my college theatre friends and seeing one of my favorite Shakespearean plays, "The Tempest".

Anyway, enough blabbing.  You might be tired just reading about my post-show schedule... I know I am!  Here are my photos for the FMS photo challenge, Week 13:

March 23 - Too Much
My friends really are "too much".  Look at this ginormous bouquet my friend brought to closing night.  Also mixed in are some roses from a bouquet another friend brought to opening night!  I'm spoiled! 

March 24 - A Treasure
Like I said, I really am spoiled.  This amazing charm was created by the actress who played Truvy for each of us in the show.  It has our character name with a line that Truvy says to us in the show.  Mine says, "How did you make this coffee?"  LOL!  It was a funny moment.  I will definitely treasure this for the rest of my life.

March 25 - Half
I love chocolate, and for some reason I like to break my chocolate squares in half before I eat them.

March 26 - I love
I love waking up to a gorgeous sunrise.  I know that red sky in the morning is a warning of bad weather to come (which it was) but it's just so gosh darn beautiful!

March 27 - Something White
This little guy has been the subject of a couple other photo prompts over the years.  Plus, I think the idea of a creamer for this prompt is very fitting.

March 28 - Give
My mom gave me this bottle of Magnolia wine for opening night of my play.  I liked it so much, I went and bought 5 bottles to give to the rest of the cast on closing night.

March 29 - Zen
There's nothing really profound to say about this photo, except that flowers are one of things that say "zen" to me.

2 comments:

  1. Aw, I missed your little cow creamer. He's so cute! Glad you are finding a way to keep your mind off missing your Magnolia girls. :) I have no idea what to do for Zen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that charm!!! What a great gift!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!