Sunday, March 22, 2015

Week in Review - Week 12 - Theatre Withdrawal

Well, I have made it through!  Another show has come to a close.  I'm happy to have some time to sleep and keep my house in order again, but I'm also sad and feeling the beginnings of withdrawal.  I loved the women I worked with in "Steel Magnolias" and playing Annelle was truly one of my favorite theatre experiences to date.  If you come to my house at some point over the next week or so, you might walk in on me sobbing because I miss my southern belles so much!

A funny thing happened the other day.  I got recognized in the parking lot of Dollar General as Annelle!  I was walking to my car, and a guy in a minivan yelled out, "Great job!"  I looked around and saw him waving at me, so I waved back and he said, "We had a great time at the show last night."  It was so fun getting recognized.  I don't crave the attention, but it's kind of cool when it happens, because let's be real here, I'm no celebrity (nor would I want to be).

Oh!  I also continued with the FMS PAD challenge!  I honestly cannot believe I took a new photo everyday through all this theatre craziness.  I haven't always been pleased with the pictures I took, but they can't all be winners.  I'm pretty pleased with this week, though.

Without further ado, here they are.

March 16: After 
Today was a gray day, but it was warm, so Mom and I decided to take a walk after work.

March 17: Hobby
One of my many hobbies is making cards.  Today, I made thank you cards for the women in the cast of "Steel Magnolias".  They've been so nice to me that I just wanted to give them something special.

March 18 - Text
One of the things I've been doing is keeping a gratitude journal.  Most recently, I've been writing about the encouragements I've been receiving during this show.  It's a great way to keep my spirits up whenever I'm feeling insecure.

March 19: Private
After quite a few late nights at the theatre, I woke up with a migraine on Thursday.  I called off of work and shut out the light for awhile.  I needed some privacy.

March 20: Hand-drawn
The most recent thing that I've drawn was a picture of a sea turtle for my good friend's nursery (she loves sea turtles).  I was pretty excited about how this turned out.  Youtube tutorials work wonders!

March 21: Sun-flare
I actually skipped this day and took this picture in the morning of the 22nd.  The 21st was gray, gray, gray... and cold... and rainy... Thank goodness for the sun the next day!

March 22: Leaves
My friends are so great.  One of my friends brought me roses on opening night of my show and another friend brought be a beautiful bunch of wildflowers on closing night.  I'm loved.

There you have it!  I might actually be able to write a few non-FMS themed posts in the near future, but we'll see.  Have a great week, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. You did such a great job playing Annelle! We loved the show!

    Congrats on keeping up with PAD! I missed a couple of these on Facebook, so I'm glad you do this summary.

    I hope you get to relax now that the show is over!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kim!! I'm so glad you both came! Is it weird that I got a little teary yesterday when I thought about never getting to wear my baby bump again? LOL. I'm so weird!

      Delete

Leave me some love!