Sunday, May 31, 2015

Week in Review - Week 22 - Slumps

Happy Sunday!  I'm still incorporating some Florida photos into my daily photos for the FMS challenge, but I'm okay with it.  I'm still trying to get out of a photo-taking slump, There's been a lot going on of late, and I just haven't felt compelled.

 I've also taken a little break from posting statuses on Facebook lately, although I'm posting the link to this blog there.  A lot of people whine about those who post a lot, which I think is funny because why is anyone on Facebook if they don't want to read status updates?  However, I felt like I'd become someone who posts too much, so I'm giving it a rest for a bit.  I just need to step back and focus on other things.

Anyway, let's get to the photos from the past week (and Florida a couple weeks ago).

25 - Lucky
Today was Memorial Day, so I felt like the perfect photo for this prompt was a photo from the parade in our little town.  I'm not a big parade person, but I always get a little choked up when everyone applauds the veterans walking in the parade.  We're so lucky to have such brave men and women fighting for our freedom everyday.  We should always be grateful for it.

26 - Daily Ritual

I wish this was my daily ritual.  In Florida, it was... daily walks along the shore of the Gulf of Mexico.  Gorgeous.

27 - Borrowed
These are all books that I've "borrowed" from my grandpa that I have yet to read... I may never get to them, so I might as well say I took them as mine.


28 - Pink

I don't know what kind of flower this is, but I loved the colors when I ended it.

29 - Starts with "S"
I honestly used an old-fashioned dictionary this day, and not even just to open it to the "S's" for this prompt.  My coworker and I were having a debate over how to spell a word, so instead of Googling it, I pulled out the 1970's dictionary at the office.  You know when someone has spelled a word one way for so long that the right way to spell it starts to look wrong, and the wrong way starts to look right?  Well, that's what was happening.  We got it straightened out, though, and I feel much better about life as I know it.

30 - Over There

I had no clue what I was going to take a photo of this day, when all of a sudden, as I was saying goodbye to a friend in the parking lot of a restaurant, this big "gaggle" of geese walked across the lot!  Score!  LOOK AT THE BABIES!!  ADORABLE!

31 - Ha Ha Ha

These herons were as tall as me.  They would stand right beside the people fishing in the Gulf and wait for them to catch a fish so they could steal them.  They just looked so funny standing there patiently waiting.

All right, all!  Here you go.  I'm hoping to go back to the all new photos next week.  We'll see how well I do!

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!