Sunday, July 5, 2015

Week 27 - Independence Day

Hi guys!  I hope you all had an absolutely fantastic holiday weekend.  I certainly did!  It was very relaxing and then I went to a pretty great Independence Day party at a friend's house with a whole lot of awesome friends in attendance.  We did normal picnic type things, but then busted out the guitar, bongos and cowbell to sing around the fire pit in the evening.  Yep.  Theatre people sure know how to throw a party.

Anyway, let's move on to Week 27 of FMS Photo-a-Day, shall we?  Yes, we shall... because it's my blog and that's kinda what I do.

Okay, now I'm just being silly.  Moving on.


June 29: Animal
This is Oreo (or at least that's what we've named him).  He's a stray that has been showing up at my parents' place since the winter and has kind of become their outdoor cat.  He doesn't really let anyone near him, but he is getting more comfortable around us, which could be a bad thing because he's getting comfortable enough to try to get into places he shouldn't... like the house.

June 30: Design
I bought some watercolor paints awhile ago, and decided that I should start an art journal in order practice painting.  I am starting small in a 3 1/2 x 5 1/2 book, just enough for small paintings/doodles.  This was my first attempt and I actually really like how it turned out.  My second attempt on the back isn't so great, but it'll help me figure out how to fix mistakes.  Oops!

July 1:  In the House
This photo was actually taken a few days after this prompt at the 4th of July party I attended.  The hosts had a piano and we had a good time after dinner singing and playing (or just cracking up at our lack of lyric knowledge).

July 2: Signed. Sealed. Delivered
I made a bit of a frivolous purchase last week and it finally was delivered to my house.  I've been eyeing these leather notebooks for about 6 months, but kept talking myself out of it because it was a waste of money.  I finally decided to treat myself and as an added bonus, got my nickname inscribed on it. :-)  I was worried I wouldn't think it was worth the money, but so far, it definitely is.  I love it!

July 3: Outing
We have had a ton of rain here the last few weeks, and it sounds like more is in store for us next week.  This is what our local boat launch looks like presently... um... that's not normal.


 July 4: Red, White, and Blue
 What can I say, nothing says Independence Day like red, white and blue star cookies.

July 5: Me Today
Today (actually tonight) I did a little painting in my new art journal.  I love these colors!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!